Our volunteers come from all walks of life however you need to be:
CFR’s must be:
- Over 18 years of age and physically fit.
- Able to achieve a satisfactory standard of proficiency after training.
- Sympathetic, with a caring approach to people.
- A respected member of the community with a mature outlook on life.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Honest, trustworthy, reliable and compassionate.
How much time do I have to give?
The minimum requirement is 200 hours per year. Some CFR’s are on call 12hrs a day others do certain days of the week, others doing evenings. All we ask is, due to the nature of the work you need to keep your skills up to date and that only happens through experience and regular usage.
Whats the application process?
There are some steps you will have to undertake before we accept you into the group.
- You will need to complete the online join now form.
- We will contact you and invite you to attend an informal interview with a member of the group.
- You will then need to complete the training to become a CFR. To complete this training you are required to take a small exam to become certificated as a CFR.
How do I apply?
Unfortunately due to a large number of applicants in the recruitment process awaiting training we are currently not recruiting at present.
Feel free to add your name to the list for the future, you can find more information about applying online here.
We are always looking for help fundraising and if this is something you would like to get involved with please get in touch!